Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the leaders quadrant in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools report, published October 18, 2012. The complete report, including the quadrant graphic, is available on the Informatica web site at www.informatica.com/di_mq/.
In August 2012, Informatica was also positioned in the leaders quadrant in the 2012 Magic Quadrant for Data Quality Tools report and in October 2012, Informatica was positioned in the leaders quadrant in the Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Integration report.
Eric Thoo, Ted Friedman and Mark A. Beyer, authors of the report state, “Leaders in the data integration tool market are frontrunners in the convergence of single-purpose tools into an offering that supports a range of data delivery styles. These vendors are strong in the more traditional data integration patterns. They also support newer patterns and provide capabilities that enable data services in the context of SOA. Leaders have significant mind share in the market, and resources skilled in their tools are readily available. These vendors establish market trends, to a large degree, by providing new functional capabilities in their products, and by identifying new types of business problems to which data integration tools can bring significant value. Examples of deployments that span multiple projects and types of use cases are common among Leaders' customers.”
According to the report, “Demand trends in 2012 are requiring vendors to increase flexibility in approaching comprehensive data integration needs and demonstrating alignment to expectations on time to deployment, range of data integration patterns, sentiment for cost and delivery models, and synergy with a broad set of data management initiatives. Business imperatives to confront new information challenges are driving the need for a realignment of technology vision in this market. Meanwhile, IT leaders continue to emphasize requirements for high-quality customer service and support, and for extending implementations beyond analytics-related uses to support operational data consistency, data migration, cloud-related integration and data services in SOA initiatives.”
The Informatica Platform comprises of scalable, high performance software that integrates data from virtually any business system, in any format and delivers that data throughout the enterprise at any latency. With these enterprise data integration products, IT organization can dramatically lower costs, boost productivity and reduce risk—all the while meeting business demands for holistic, timely, relevant and trustworthy data.
The Informatica platform-approach also plays to the fundamental shift that is big data. Comprised of three aspects: big transaction data, big interaction data and big data processing – they are fueling the explosive growth in larger volumes, greater variety and faster velocity. The Informatica Platform enables enterprises to maximize their return on big data by providing big data integration.
Informatica is a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools report, continuing to accelerate its growth and plans with ongoing innovation around execution and strategic direction for its data integration products and solutions. In the past year highlights include:
- In May Informatica introduced the Informatica 9.5 Platform, designed to maximize customers’ return on big data. Big data, the confluence of three related but distinct technology trends: big transaction data, big interaction data and big data processing, when harnessed can deliver exceptional business value to customers. Informatica 9.5 introduces major advances in helping enterprises realize the full benefit of big data.
- Informatica delivered Informatica MDM 9.5, providing breakthrough capabilities in master data management (MDM) for social media, Cloud computing, mobile and big data. Key elements include delivering on the vision of the social customer master, and introducing master data timeline for effective date versioning.
- In September Informatica launched Informatica Cloud MDM for organizations looking to improve their customer information within salesforce.com. Informatica Cloud MDM extends the company’s leadership in Cloud Data Integration and Master Data Management (MDM).
- Informatica delivered the industry’s most comprehensive cloud integration platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering with Informatica Cloud Spring 2012. The release includes a Cloud Connector Toolkit, Cloud Integration Templates and new enterprise-class features for enhanced simplicity.
- Informatica Cloud received Best of AppExchange Award for data integration from salesforce.com customers for the fourth year in a row.
- Informatica announced enterprise and cloud partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Cloudera, Microsoft, MapR and Xactly.
- For a seventh year in a row, Informatica achieved top marks for customer loyalty for data integration in the 2012 Data Integration Customer Satisfaction survey conducted by independent research firm TNS, a global market leader in insight and information.
“We believe our strong placement in the leaders quadrant of the Data Integration Tools Report affirms our innovative road map and ongoing investment for developing industry-leading data integration and data quality technologies,” said Girish Pancha, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “The Informatica Platform continues to address our customers’ top business requirements including the management of traditional and big data both on premise and in the cloud all by leveraging the same graphical development environment and underlying virtual data machine. Informatica’s ongoing R&D investment in our Platform delivers competitive advantage for our customers allowing them to convert their increasingly chaotic data into breakthrough business results.”
Tweet This: Gartner Positions @InformaticaCorp in Leaders Quadrant of 2012 Magic Quadrant for #DataIntegration Tools report http://bit.ly/Vwyaff
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.