Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced its sponsorship of the newly launched GovernYourData.com, a vendor-neutral, online community and resource center focused on data governance success, open to all data governance stakeholders and solutions providers.
The industry’s first one-stop data governance resource, GovernYourData.com is the only online data governance site to provide a combination of:
- An open data governance forum for sharing industry best practices and tips.
- Free, self-service data governance tools for assessing data governance maturity and prioritizing data management-related business opportunities.
- Third-party content including best practices whitepapers, research reports, blogs and other non-promotional content from data governance thought-leaders, solution providers and IT professionals.
“GovernYourData.com fulfills a long-standing need for an interactive, vendor-neutral community around data governance,” said Rob Karel, vice president of product strategy, Informatica. “So many data governance initiatives fail because they are over-scoped and overly dependent on expensive consulting services just to get started and build necessary momentum. By enabling peer-to-peer engagement and free access to practical tools, resources and expert advice, GovernYourData.com will help enterprises take a more pragmatic and ultimately more successful approach to data governance enterprise wide.”
“Data governance is critical to every organization, across all industries, and while other data governance sites exist, none appear to offer the openness and scope of GovernYourData.com,” said Anne-Marie Smith, principal consultant with Alabama Yankee Systems and DAMA International board member. “I applaud the site’s vision of propagating data governance best practices, reducing a data governance initiative’s cost and risk, and helping to increase project return-on-investment through open access to tools, expert opinions and current information. I look forward to being a part of this community and its discussions.”
Tools to Accelerate and Lower the Cost of Governance Initiatives
GovernYourData.com offers a set of free, self-service data governance tools that help members plan and scope their governance and related data management initiatives in order to increase their effectiveness and mitigate common roadblocks to delivering anticipated business value. These free tools include:
- Business Opportunity Prioritization Assessment. A unique and powerful tool that evaluates and scopes an organization’s data-dependent business initiatives. This free tool delivers the initial framework for a governance initiative and helps organizations prioritize where to most effectively invest subsequent data governance resources.
- Data Governance Maturity Assessment. An easy-to-use toolthatcustom-generates recommendations based on an organization’s assessment responses. Recommendations are delivered immediately online and multiple versions can be saved on the site. It is recommended that organizations take the assessment twice: once to assess current state maturity and the second time to focus on future state vision.
“GovernYourData.com is unique in its breadth, depth and inclusiveness, and we are pleased to be an early participant,” said Andy Hayler, president and chief executive officer of The Information Difference. “We are very excited about the free tools as they provide an important first step in any data governance project and can be used repeatedly to fine-tune governance initiatives.”
Information Sharing to Power Data Governance Success
GovernYourData.com is also a community and data governance discussion forum open to all parties. Members share information and experiences and have access to blogs and videos by data governance practitioners, journalists and thought-leaders; reports by industry analysts; and non-promotional whitepapers and other educational content. GovernYourData.com bloggers include:
Additionally, GovernYourData.com provides event listings submitted by parties and vendors from across the industry, links to additional sites providing useful information and resources, book and analyst research recommendations and a data governance Twitter feed tracker.
“It is great to have a content-rich data governance site that extends beyond the views and customers of a single solution provider, and that is free of vendor- and product-specific content,” said Sunil Soares. “In maintaining vendor-neutrality while consolidating the tools and information required to power data governance success, GovernYourData.com has all the makings of a ‘go-to’ industry resource.”
Tweet this: News @InformaticaCorp Sponsors First One-Stop #DataGovernance Resource http://bit.ly/TPQRrx GovernYourData.com